Important Links & Information
As of May 1, 2019 if you are a member of FMLS and list a property in Newton or Rockdale Counties you must list it in FMLS.
RPAC Victories in Georgia
- Safeguarded REALTORS® by bringing Georgia Real Estate License Law into compliance with the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) Rule.
- Supported extension of Freeport Exemptions to include e-commerce facilities, which benefits the commercial real estate sector and strengthens Georgia’s competitive edge.
- Defended REALTORS®’ ability to write special stipulations and provide advisement to their clients in the completion of a real estate contract.
Passed legislation to allow appraisers to appeal at the state level if they are not fairly compensated by an Appraisal Management Company (AMC).
- Expanded the type of account options permissible for real estate trust accounts.
- Prevented attempts to create new criminal penalties for hindering code enforcement officers.
- Defeated legislation that would have required all REALTORS® who sold property via competitive bid, sealed bid or silent bid, to be licensed as an auctioneer in Georgia.
For Buyers & Sellers
Supported legislation that increased the Georgia Housing and Finance Authority’s bond limit from $1.3 billion to $3 billion to fund the Georgia Dream Homeownership Program, providing affordable homeownership to lower income earners and first-time homebuyers.
- Successfully established procedure for water liens at closings.
- Passed legislation to allow financing of solar technology.